Friday 20 July 2007

Good Things and Bad Things

Good Things: Ben and Jerry's also make smoothies. This I did not know. But it makes me happy :) hehe.

Bad Things: Shipping! Grrrr.

Well, we flew out on the 15th, Charlie originally been promised as arrived and ready to go on the 16th.. then we were told there had been delays, no worries, this gives us time to 'do' New York, Arrival expected by the 24th.... now we're told he will arrive by the 22nd (maybe) but will need 5 days to clear US customs. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! I apprieciate it's not the companies faults, but it is frustrating :) Not being a 'hotel' or 'city' person, I now find myself in a hotel in a city... for another week. Poor Dan is bearing the brunt of it, but doing well (I think he keeps switching his hearing aids off :) ). I can hear Canada and my lovely shiny new bike calling, but at the moment we seems to be confined a bit!

Still, not to be perturbed (sp?!) we've booked in to a hotel in Washington (yet another great deal from Expedia who always seem to beat the pants of everyone) until Wednesday when we'll make our way back to Baltimore (maybe) to hopefully pick Charlie up. We've gone for the train option this time so if we get the call saying he's ready we're only a 40minute train ride away.

The cities are amazing, but I can't wait to get on with the 'proper' holiday :)

Well, having spent all morning sorting that little mess out, it's 12:51 and we've yet to have breakfast, more importantly, it's 12:51 and this was my shopping day! Oh well, I've now spent all my money on hotels anyway, hehe. Off to Grand Central Terminal and the Library again, then going to see what bargains I can hunt out - we're getting over $2 to £1 on the credit cards at the moment, excellent news :)

I'm starving. More New York Pizza anyone?

Jen

No comments: