Monday 4 June 2007

Shocking!

With the MOT due on Charlie only a few weeks before we leave I thought I'd check everything out. It appears that the top bushes on the rear shock absorbers are knackered. There is also a bit of a leak from one of them. So now the fun starts... what shocks shall I fit?

Initially I was going to fit a set of standard Landy heavy duty jobby's, but then the worry bug got to me. If I pay £18 each for a patent part, how good is it gonna be? If I pay the full Land Rover retail price for an OE item, then I may as well fit something better for the same money. Pro-comps seem to be all the rage at the moment, and they are good value for money. But I'm not after anything that gives extended travel or anything like that. I fitted Delphi's on my Rangie a few years back and they transformed the ride. Cornering became almost pleasurable! So I think I'd like something that is positive pressure and gas filled rather than the standard oil filled jobbies. So after lots of ummmm-ing and arrr-ing, I decided to go for a set of Old Man Emu Nitro Chargers. I'll be fitting them at the weekend while we are at the Eastnor Land Rover show :-)

No comments: