Monday 11 June 2007

More Shipping Shananigans!

Having since found out that our UK shipping agent Kingstown have nothing to do with the unloading of our container when it lands in the US, I thought I'd better try to find out what is needed to get Charlie Camel in to the US.

Basically, we need a company that acts on behalf of the US Customs people. In our case I sent a whole raft of emails off to shipping companies based in Baltimore. I found this really useful website which list a whole load of associated companies. Any company that is an associate member of something must be good, eh??

I evertually spoke to a lady by the name of Bridget Lowy at Dartrans. She gave me a load of useful info during a half hour conversation (Ouch... I ain't looking forward to my next phone bill!!) and after a quick email outlining our plans, she replied with all the relivant info and forms that need to be filled in... there are quite a few! As soon as I get a chance I will get the forms posted up on our website so you can have a read and see if they make any sence to you!! :LOL:

Now all I have to do is let Kingstown know about the "Notify Party" and find out what my US consign address is?!?!??? Hmmmm sure it'll all come together in the end!

No comments: